How to Maintain Your WordPress Website
Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- In your browser’s url bar, navigate to: http://domainname.com/wp-admin where “domainname.com” is replaced by the actual domain name for the website you are updating
- At the log in screen, type in your WordPress username & password for the website and click the “Log In” button.
- Click on Plugins > Installed plugins
- Check to see if BackupBuddy plugin is up to date. IF NOT, follow these special instructions to update it (only for BackupBuddy). Underneath BackupBuddy, click on “update now” and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the update.
- Click on BackupBuddy on the left menu, then click on Backup
- Click the “Complete Backup” button to backup your entire website.
- After the backup is complete, download the backup to your computer.
- Click on Restore/Migrate under BackupBuddy to download importbuddy.php.
- Type in a password in bar that appears and write it down!
- Complete the importbuddy.php download by following the onscreen prompts.
Note: BackupBuddy requires two files to restore a website, the zip backup of your entire website, plus the importbuddy.php file that you just downloaded.
- Check to see if site is operating under latest version or not. Click update if needed and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update.
- Click on Plugins
- Scroll to see which ones need to be updated.
- Click on each plugin that needs updating
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the update of each plugin that is out of date.
- IMPORTANT – IF YOU HAVE THE BRIDGE THEME, PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE UPDATING THE WPBAKERY VISUAL COMPOSER PLUGIN.
- Once complete, view website to verify that your site is still operating properly.